Corn Methi Pulav
Corn and fresh fenugreek pulav
Rice is a common staple through out the world.In India we make so many varieties of rice in each and every state. In southern India we mainly use rice to make idli and Masala dosa and in In Northern part so many variety of pilaf and biriyanis are made with rice.
In my house we love Aloo matar ki Tahiri, Chili pineapple rice and Minty tomato rice.During winter when there is fresh fenugreek /methi is easily available in the market I often make Methi thepla or use it in making my favourite Aloo methi ki bhujiya or my daughters favourite Corn methi pulav which is so fresh and delicious, the flavours of fresh but slightly bitter fenugreek and mild sweet taste of corn goes very well with each others and gives a nice fresh flavour to the rice. Its quite an easy recipe which can be served as a one pot meal,side dish and great to pack in kids lunch boxes. You can serve this with papad, salad, yogurt or spinach raita.
- 1.5 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 1.25 cup Rice/chawal
- 2 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch slit lengthwise
- 4 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- 1 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 15 minutes.
- Pluck tender leaves and stems from the methi bunch and wash them well.
- Chop the washed methi leaves finely and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy broad pan and add cumin and all the tempering ingredients.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and green chilies and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped methi and corn and stir for a minute.
- Now drain water from the rice and add in the pan.
- Add salt and spices and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add about 2 cups of water and let it come to a boil.
- When the water started boiling ,mix it and cover with a lid.
- Cook on low heat till done.
- When done fluff with a fork and serve hot.
April 03, 2017
December 08, 2016
March 14, 2015